Would you like to schedule a styling appointment or do you need more information?
Do you have a style question you'd like to see addressed in the blog?
Do you have comments or general feedback?
We're happy to hear from you! Please submit any and all inquiries and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Email us for additional information on:
Events & Presentations
Collaborations and special projects
Styling for film or print
I developed Urbanite | Suburbanite both as a style inspiration and a wardrobe styling business. I’ve lived most of my life in the suburbs outside major cities, and my neighbors and friends have often told me that I dress too well for suburbia and should move to the city. That statement astounded me, the idea that urban dwellers are the fashionable ones, and suburban ones are not – it’s simply not true. Anyone can have great style no matter where they live.
The majority of my career has been in retail visual merchandising – including years spent styling windows, displays, and floor sets for Banana Republic, Gap, and Express. I’ve also worked on fashion photo shoot sets, and styled for corporate videos. Within that time, I’ve discovered that even though not everyone is born with the 'style' gene, fashion is not rocket science, either.
Too many people simply hate getting dressed in the morning. Whether they don't feel stylish, dislike their body in clothes, or find selecting an outfit a chore, they often opt out rather than develop a personal style that expresses who they are. The mission of Urbanite | Suburbanite is to take the mystery out of looking good and feeling good in your clothes.
Our philosophy is simple - once you have the tools, getting dressed should be easy and enjoyable.
- Paul Julch, managing director and lead stylist for Urbanite | Suburbanite.
- Born in New York City, raised in a nearby suburban community.
- Lives with his husband, 2 sons, and 2 dogs on the San Francisco Peninsula – and spends a great deal of time in the city for work and fun.
- Loves to shop - for himself, for the kids, for friends – apparently the thrill of buying pretty things is a rush! He'll shop for almost anything, but clothes are his preference (next in line is furniture and interiors).
- He has a true passion for personal wardrobe styling. He grew up styling for family and friends, and now regularly works on wardrobe overhauls, helping prepare for that big vacation or business trip, and special occasion dressing.
- His personal style is pretty classic, and he loves to layer - but recently he's found joy in the simplicity of a button-down shirt, pants, belt and shoes (and no socks in the summer).
- But he does love his colored socks!
We will never share or sell anyone's email or contact information.
We do our best to credit all images if they are from an outside source - but if we missed anything, please contact us if you’d like a link added or an image removed.