Are you unhappy with what's in your closet, or your reflection once you get dressed for your day? Then maybe it's time to consider some help. We work with clients everyday - to help them feel better about how they look, to aid in a transition in life, or to educate them on what works for their body, lifestyle and budget.
Check out the top ten reasons why clients come to us. A wardrobe stylist may be able to help you in ways you haven't even thought about.....
1. You constantly stare at your full closet thinking, “I have nothing to wear.” We’ve all been there, but if this is you more often than not – maybe it’s time for an objective eye to join you in that closet. A stylist can help you discover all those hidden treasures you didn’t know you had, show you how to put it together differently from your everyday, and truly tell you whether it’s a ‘keep’, ‘maybe’ or a real ‘toss’.
2. Things have changed. Whether you’ve recently lost or gained weight, changed jobs, had a baby, or shifted your focus in life – you may need to update your look to align with these changes, and a stylist can point you in the right direction.
3. You just don’t like to shop. Do you simply dislike shopping? Do you have a difficult time finding what you need? But you know you need to evolve how you dress? A stylist can get the info they need and do the shopping for you. Then your home or office becomes your store. You just try on, keep what you want, and your stylist returns the rest. Yes, it’s that easy.
4. You don’t have the time to devote to yourself. Time is at a premium in everyone’s lives, but for you it may all be devoted to others. A stylist can do most of the legwork for you. What may have been an all-day closet purge or a 5 hour trip to the mall can become simpler, faster, and much more rewarding.
5. It’s time to move forward. You’ve dressed this way for years, and it’s been okay, right? Not if you’re feeling outdated or out of place amongst your family or friends. And it’s not about being trendy – it’s about feeling modern, current, and happy in your clothes.
6. You look at other people and think, “I could never look like that.” Yes, it’s true – we all can’t look like supermodels or the photos in magazines. But your fashion choices may be broader than you think. Your stylist can help you decide what trends are right for you and how you can wear them – and when to just let them pass by.
7. You’re in a rut – and you don’t know how to get out of it. A stylist will help you discover what’s right for you – your body type, your lifestyle and your budget. And then we’ll encourage you to try something new. After all – it’s only 5 minutes in the fitting room between you, your stylist and the mirror.
8. You need a stylist vs. a personal shopper. Many stores have superb personal shopping services or even salespeople they call ‘stylists’. However, their end goal is to make you spend money at their store. A stylist, on the other hand, has YOUR NEEDS as their highest priority. You will shop multiple stores, learn where your best fits are, when to save vs. when to splurge, and how and when to wear something you already have.
9. You feel your current style is holding you back. If you feel what you’re wearing is keeping you from that promotion, from attracting a partner, or in the way of your personal goals – it’s time to call in an expert. Dress how you want to be addressed in your life.
10. You simply want to feel better about how you look. Style is a silent language. People often feel great when they look great - or feel 'less than' when they're not happy with how they're dressed. It's worth it to take the time. Everyone can and deserves to feel great about how they look, everyday – and that’s our job.